Common Motorcycle Crash Injuries
Our Cleveland motorcycle accident lawyers win claims for injured riders
Motorcycle riders have little to no crash protection other than helmets and protective gear, and our Cleveland motorcycle accident lawyers have seen the horrific consequences of negligent drivers causing terrible injuries to motorcyclists in preventable collisions.
Roughly four out of five motorcycle accidents result in riders suffering an injury or death. Unfortunately, that doesn’t prevent some irresponsible drivers from behaving in a negligent way and causing motorcycle crashes that could have easily been avoided.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle crash that wasn’t your fault, you might feel overwhelmed trying to figure out what to do next. The Cleveland lawyers at Merriman Legal, LLC have the experience and knowledge to handle the toughest accident claims, and our legal team can guide you through the process, every step of the way. Get the compensation you need and deserve. Let our law firm tackle your case. Contact us today for a free consultation.
What is the most common motorcycle injury?
The most common injury sustained by motorcycle riders is a head injury, and head injuries are the top cause of death among motorcyclists injured in crashes. Even those wearing helmets are at risk of suffering a severe head injury, which is why it’s so important for everyone to look out for motorcycles.
Other common motorcycle accident injuries include:
- Traumatic Brain Injury: A TBI can be life-altering and debilitating. Concussions are the most common brain injury and often nonchalantly referred to as a “mild” TBI. But anyone who has ever sustained a concussion can attest to how serious they are. Though they range in severity, some concussions can cause permanent brain damage.
- Broken bones: When a rider is ejected from their motorcycle, the natural reaction for most people is to extend their arms and brace for impact. Unfortunately, this leads to a lot of broken arms, wrists, hands, and fingers. Riders typically take the brunt of the impact in a motorcycle crash, so broken or fractured legs, ankles, and feet are also common. Suffering a broken bone can be extremely painful and crippling. In some serious accidents, amputation may be the only option.
- Spinal cord injury: The spinal cord connects the brain to the body, so when it gets damaged, the ability to control movement can be negatively impacted. The consequences of a spinal cord injury include chronic pain, severe whiplash, and partial or permanent paralysis.
- Road rash: When riders get into crashes with their motorcycles, their skin can be scraped off as they skid across the asphalt. An extremely painful and debilitating injury, road rash can develop into a more serious condition if the wound gets infected. Some cases of infected road rash can cause death.
- Biker’s arm: Motorcycles can weigh more than 400 pounds, so when a motorcycle falls on a rider’s arm in an accident, it often results in nerve damage called “biker’s arm.” Damage to the median nerve, radial nerve, or ulnar nerve can lead to immobility and paralysis in the arm and hands, or in some cases, radiating pain throughout the entire limb.
Injured in a crash? You’ve been through enough. Let us handle the rest
Our Cleveland motorcycle accident lawyers are ready to help injured riders when they need it the most. When you’ve been injured in a motorcycle crash, things can quickly spiral out of control. You’re hurt. Medical expenses can pile up. You can’t work. You’re not sure how you’re going to pay your regular bills. And to add insult to injury, an insurance adjuster might try to say the crash was your fault. Don’t let them bully you, and don’t let them keep you down.
When you’ve been injured in a motorcycle crash, it’s time to take action and get our law firm in your corner. Our Cleveland motorcycle accident attorneys will work tirelessly to build a strong case and get you the financial compensation you deserve. Make my team your team. Contact us today for a free consultation.