Cleveland child injury attorney proudly serving Cuyahoga County and all of Ohio
Injuries to children can be overwhelming. In an instant, your son or daughter can sustain a serious injury with life-threatening consequences. Knowing what to do after accidents involving such vulnerable individuals can be confusing.
At Landskroner Grieco Merriman, LLC, our experienced Ohio child injury accident attorneys can work with your family and make sure your child’s best interests come first. We know how to handle all the legal aspects associated with your child’s accident so your family can focus on what really matters – helping your child get better.
The following are some of the cases we handle involving child injuries. We handle many other types of child accident claims, so contact us immediately if you need to know your rights:
- Personal injury claims
- Child protection agency liability
- Professional abuse claims
- Dangerous toy litigation
“As a parent, there is nothing more devastating than an injury to your child,” attorney Jack Landskroner explains. “And your primary focus generally is to take care of your child’s immediate needs. . . But you often don’t have an opportunity to look into the future to see what those needs may be long term. And that’s really where we come in. It’s an area of expertise that we’ve developed, and it’s a particular type of case that we like to handle because it’s our priority to represent children’s interests.”
What are the common causes of injuries to children?
Injuries to children happen for many reasons. Many children sustain injuries due to the actions – or inaction – of other people, companies or even government agencies. Such causes can include:
- Inattentive property owners – This can include swimming pool injuries or dog bites due to property owners who fail to take precautions to protect children.
- Motor vehicle accidents – Like adults, children often sustain serious injuries in car accidents and truck accidents.
- Negligent security – Property owners have a legal responsibility to protect children and all people on their property from potential threats to their safety.
- Dangerous products – Companies sometimes make products that cause injuries to children. This is especially true with child safety seat or toy manufacturers, which sometimes market objects that cause harm to infants or young children. Food products that are improperly labeled can also be dangerous to children.
- Mistakes made by doctor – Many medical malpractice cases involving children often stem from the negligence of obstetrician/gynecologists (OB-GYNs), pediatricians, nurses or other medical professionals. These injuries can occur during birth, causing birth trauma, or involve misdiagnosing a serious childhood illness. In other cases, a child visiting a dentist may suffer an injury or side effects and have grounds to take legal action.
What are common injuries to children?
Children can sustain an array of injuries caused by someone else’s negligence or reckless behavior. The following are some of the most common and often serious injuries to children that may lead to a lawsuit:
- Birth injuries or birth trauma
- Broken bones
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Burn injuries
- Bite injuries
Whatever type of injury your family is dealing with, no matter how serious or minor it might seem, make sure you contact our law firm immediately and discuss all the legal options available to you.
How can Landskroner Grieco Merriman, LLC help your family?
A child suffering a physical injury, experiencing abuse or enduring psychological trauma carries the scars of these experiences very differently than an adult suffering the same injury. As with any personal injury claim, the focus should always be on obtaining quality medical care and emotional support to properly treat a child’s critical injuries.
At our law firm, our knowledgeable legal team knows how to investigate such injuries and uncover the evidence you need to assemble a strong legal case. We know what questions to ask and frequently consult with outside experts to establish the extent of the loss and the full impact of the injury.
At Team LGM, our efforts focus on addressing significant losses experienced by families after an injury to a child. We work with families to address their immediate needs and help them prepare for the future, financially and emotionally. That’s why we established the Landskroner Foundation for Children – to help families get the support they need and deserve.
Injuries to children often require the expertise of pediatric specialists trained in addressing the long term recovery plans that may play into a lifetime of disability. On top of the harm of the injury, a child must also endure the stigma of an injury amongst their peers, the interruption in education and the loss of enjoyment of life.
We take all these factors into consideration when working with families dealing with serious injury to a child. Contact Landskroner Grieco Merriman, LLC, to schedule a no cost consultation. Helping families get the help they need drives us to work hard every day. Call 866-823-3332.