What To Do If You’re Hit By A Car
Advice from Ohio pedestrian accident lawyers
Pedestrian accidents can be very traumatic. You may have been crossing the street or walking alongside a road when a car suddenly hit you and caused very serious injuries. In these chaotic situations, it’s common for people to not know what to do.
Fortunately, you’re not alone. Our experienced Ohio pedestrian accident attorneys at Landskroner Grieco Merriman, LLC, can help you every step of the way. That’s because we have years of experience successfully resolving such complicated cases.
Below, you will find our suggestions for what to do after a pedestrian accident. We also encourage you to contact us as soon as possible and schedule a free case evaluation. We can explain all the available legal options, then help you decide which one best suits you. Make our team your team. Schedule an appointment with us today.
What injured pedestrians should do
If you have been injured in a pedestrian accident, we strongly urge you to take the following steps:
- Do not move if you feel severely injured. Instead, ask someone to call the police and respond to your accident.
- If you can safely do so, call the police.
- Have a medical professional evaluate you as soon as possible.
- Get personal information from the driver (full name, address, phone number, insurance policy provider, insurance policy number)
- Talk to witnesses. If someone saw your accident, get their full name, address and phone number.
- Call your insurance company and tell them you have been in a pedestrian accident.
- Contact our law firm as soon as possible.
- If the driver’s insurance company contacts you, do not talk to them. Refer their questions to us.
- If the driver’s insurance company makes a settlement offer, contact us. We can review the offer with you and help you decide if you should accept the offer.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment with your doctor. Your health should be your priority.