Investigating Trucking Companies
Our Ohio attorneys demand justice
Trucking companies often have critical pieces of evidence after a truck accident. That’s why it’s important to take immediate action to obtain this evidence before it is “lost” or destroyed. Otherwise, you might have a difficult time getting the money you deserve for your crash.
We understand how hard it can be to deal with trucking companies. That’s because our experienced Ohio truck accident attorneys at Landskroner Grieco Merriman, LLC, have dealt with many different trucking companies after serious truck accidents.
We know what evidence to look for, what questions to ask and how to compile all that information into a compelling, legal case. Find out how our legal team can help you. Contact us and schedule your free case evaluation today.
Some of the most important evidence our attorneys search for after a truck accident includes:
- Trucking company hiring records – Did the trucking company knowingly hire a truck driver with a history of reckless driving or other infractions?
- Trucking company inspection reports – Does the trucking company properly maintain its trucks?
- Hours of Service (HOS) records – Trucking companies are required by law to maintain records indicating exactly how many hours truck drivers work each day. Federal law restricts how many hours truck drivers can work in a 24-hour period.
- Truck “black box” data – Like airplanes, many commercial trucks are equipped with a black box-like device that records the truck’s speed, miles driven, hours of operation and other data.
- Truck driver’s cellphone records – Many truck accidents are caused by texting truck drivers. Texting while driving is against the law nationwide for all commercial truck drivers. We will demand to see the truck driver’s cellphone records to see if there’s any evidence the truck driver was texting when the accident occurred.
There may be other important pieces of evidence depending on the circumstances of your crash. That’s why it’s important to talk with an attorney at our law firm as soon as possible about your accident.
How we can help
The main reason why you need our law firm on your side – when it comes to investigating trucking companies after at a truck accident – is because most trucking companies refuse to cooperate after a crash.
Instead of providing you with the information you need to build a strong legal case, many trucking companies become uncooperative or unresponsive. We know how to hold them accountable and get the information you need to uncover the truth.
And if they refuse to cooperate, we will not hesitate to take them to court. We know what’s at stake and we will not rest until justice is served. Make our legal team your team. Contact Landskroner Grieco Merriman, LLC, today.